Farm to Family Winter CSA Starts Wednesday, December 8, 2010. The winter CSA runs 12 weeks and bi-weekly shares are available.
Full pricing for weekly and bi-weekly shares for 12 weeks:
1. Meat, dairy, bread and veg/dry goods - (complete) $775/ $390
2. Meat, dairy and bread - $605/ $305
3. Dairy, bread and vegetable/dry goods - $605/ $305
4. Vegetable/dry goods - $205/ $105
5. Dairy and bread share - $425/ $205
6. Vegetables, Twin Oaks soy foods - $265/ $135
Farm to Family has 2 pick up locations:
1. FARM TO FAMILY MARKET: Wednesday or Thursday Market
2817 Mechanicsville Turnpike,
2. THE FARM BUS @ ELLWOOD THOMPSONS LOCAL MARKET,
4 N. Thompson St, Carytown: Wednesday between 5:00-7:00pm.
CSA standards for "Community Supported Agriculture". It's a great way to eat well, local, and sustainably. Members learn what foods are in season and the effects of the local environment on crops. You also learn how to store and preserve the foods to last throughout the year. The purpose of a CSA is not provide rock bottom prices. But when you are getting food locally, without middle men, and in-season, you see a definite savings over conventional groceries.
We have had a CSA share with Victory Farms for the past 3 years and have loved it.
If you aren't ready for the commitment of a full/half share, considering dropping by the
Farm to Family market and "liking" the Farm to Family page on Facebook. The Farm to Family bus makes stops around town and you can shop on the bus. They update Facebook and tweet their locations when they are out on the bus.