shabby blogs

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Tom Leonards: Weekly Specials January 12 -18


Tom Leonard's is such a great market.  It's one of the few markets I can take all 3 kids to without issue.  We went last week to pick up some chicken at the fabulous stock up price of $1.49/lb and bananas at $.39/lb.  They had sold out of the chicken and the next truck was running behind.  The kids did not whine or fuss at all while I shopped.  They enjoyed the singing animals, acrobats on trapezes, and all of the "try me" samples. We hit the perfect day for samples! We sampled cheese, hummus, cookies, fruit, veggies, crackers, and various snacks.  Since they were out of the chicken breasts, I picked up  boneless chicken thighs for $1.99/lb.  I remembered a recipe that was recommended by a friend, Skinless Chicken Thighs with Shallots in Red Wine VinegarI picked up shallots on the way to the register.  I made this for dinner and it got rave reviews from the whole family and requests for seconds! 

I went back to Tom Leonard's on Sunday for the chicken breasts and picked up a few packages.   I cooked some for dinner last night with some Soy Ginger Marinade in my Deep Dish Covered Baker.  The rest we sealed up and put in the freezer using some "dump recipes".  These make for easy dinners.  Just pull out of the freezer and put into the fridge the night before.  At lunch time the next day, I can toss it in the crock pot for dinner.  Or I can wait to later and bake in the oven.

Now, on to Tom Leonard's featured sale items.  I've noted below the items that are at good stock up prices.

$4.99/lb Whole New York Strip Steak, custom cut free
$1.79 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts- Stock up price
$1.99/lb Ground Chuck- Stock up price
$.99 Grape Tomatoes
$1.49/lb Red or Green Peppers- Stock up price
2/$4 Blueberries, Blackberries
2/$6 Strawberries
2/$4 Cauliflower

1 comment:

  1. You'd be proud me. I went to TL last night. Last day of last weeks' sale. The chicken breast was marked $1.79/lb. I asked the "meat guy" about it & he said it's now that price. I said but the sale was until today. He repriced them for me $1.49/lb. :-) woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete