shabby blogs

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Whole Foods: Vita-Mix Road Show January 5-9


As some of you may now, I've wanted a Vita-Mix for years.  I've been saving my Amazon Gift Certificates earned through Swagbucks to buy one.  My husband didn't quite get my obsession.  Well, last week my local Whole Foods announced on Facebook that they were having a Vita-Mix Roadshow January 5-9.  Woo hoo!  Now my husband could see it in person.  We headed over yesterday for the demo.  As it was the first day, they hadn't completed the set up and planned to start a little later. But, Joe was happy to answer some questions.  My husband was sold and we got a Vita-Mix.  I was so excited, I took a picture of it in the back of my van!

The regular price of the Vita-Mix 5200 is $449.  Whole Foods is offering a $50 coupon (at the registers) towards the purchase.  In addition, you will receive 4 Vita-Mix flexible cutting boards, a spatula, and a book about eating whole foods. The Vita-Mix comes with a 7 year warranty.It's definitely an investment.  It's totally worth it. 

I got it home and made a delicious green smoothie for my youngest and me.  I then made Butternut Squash soup for lunch in the pitcher on the machine.  The blades go so fast at high speed that you can have piping hot food in about 5 minutes!  When the big kids got home from school, I made them strawberry/banana/pineapple smoothies.  After dinner, my husband made some apple and orange juice. Then he wanted to experiment with how long it would take to make water hot enough to make  a cup of tea.  It worked, but I suggested he stick to the kettle on the stove for making tea.  It's a lot less noisy. After I had gone to bed, he was still experimenting.  I wonder how the hummus turned out...

So, if you are interested in a Vita-Mix or need a new blender, head over to Whole Foods at Short Pump this week between 10a - 7p to check it out.  Another friend went last night after we discussed on Facebook.  She said the samples from the demonstration were great!  She had bought a Ninja last week and was disappointed.  She went home with a new Vita-Mix last night and was ecstatic!

No comments:

Post a Comment